is an effective utility program that helps in organizing business accounting in the most organized and effective way. This program allows users to share the QuickBooks company files with another computer over a network. Furthermore, it optimizes the multi-user network.Every time users set up a network for sharing files, they require the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. It is because it helps users in accessing these files.
Effective Steps to Download and Setup QuickBooks Database Server Manager
For running the multi-user access, QB users are advised to download the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. This program allows various users to work on the same QuickBooks company file at the same time. In case, if users are not going to use it for the multi-user mode then they should not download and install it on their computer.
In the below-mentioned steps, we are providing you with effective steps to download and set up QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Step 1: Accurately Installing QuickBooks Database Server Manager
It should be noted that QuickBooks Database Server Manager is a part of the QuickBooks Desktop file (.exe.). Therefore, you are supposed On the same computer, there are multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop (Year Wise). Therefore, it’s obligatory to check and add firewall port exceptions for the QuickBooks programs and the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
a. First of all, you should go to Windows Start.
b. Now, in the Search box, you should type Windows Firewall and then open it.
c. From the Windows firewall, you are supposed to click the Advanced Settings option.
d. Subsequently, you should right-click on the Inbound Rule and then click on New Rule.
e. Next, you should choose the Port and then the Next button.
f. Now, you should make sure that the TCP is chosen.
g. Thereafter, you should enter the specific ports in the Specific ports which are being required by the QuickBooks year version.
● QuickBooks Desktop 2020 and later: 8019, XXXXX.
● QuickBooks Desktop 2019: 8019, XXXXX.
● QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 56728, 8019, 55378-55382.
● QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 5672, 8019, 55373-55377.
In case, if you click Renew option then you can simply change the assigned port number. If you are changing the assigned port number then you should go to the Scans Folders tab and then click on Scan Now. It is done for resetting the firewall permissions for QuickBooks Database Server Manager. QB users can only renew the QuickBooks Desktop and 2019 and later version ports. They cannot renew the QuickBooks Desktop older version ports.
a. After accurately providing the port number, you should click on Next.
b. Next, you are supposed to click Allow the Connection and then click on Next.
c. Now, you should confirm that all profiles are marked, and then click on Next.
d. Thereafter, you have to create a rule and name it, like “QBPorts(year).”
e. Lastly, you should click on Finish.
- Thereafter, you should click on Browse and then choose the Company File Folder (QBW).
- Now, you should click on OK.
- Lastly, you are advised to click on Start Scan.
After the successful scanning, the company file folders will be appearing in the “QuickBooks Company file found” portion. From this stage, you can easily access your company file on your network from other computers in these folders.
Step 2: Properly Monitoring Your Drives
After the scan, the drives that are holding the company files will be appearing in the Monitored Drive tab. Thereafter, you are supposed to choose the drive to monitor these folders. You are advised not to add the drives that don’t hold your company files. It is because you can only monitor the mapped drives or drives that are introduced with the database.
- To begin, you should select the Monitored Drives tab.
- Now, you should choose the Hard Drives checkboxes that contain your company files.
Step 3: Properly Managing Your QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Every time you access the Database Server Manager, you can view other tabs that are running smoothly without any interruption.
You can manage it with the following-
● The system tab will be displaying you the Database Server Manager installed location on the computer.
● The Database Server tab offers you the exact and real-time status of the tool and the type of tool connected to it.
At times, several users face issues while opening the Database Server Manager or an error erupts.
For resolving it, you should follow the below steps: –
Effective Steps to confront when QuickBooks Database Server Manager Doesn’t Open
- Next, you should choose and open the Administrative Tools from the control panel.
- Thereafter, you should choose Services from the list.
- Finally, you are advised to right-click on the QuickBooksDBXX service and then choose Restart.
It should be noted that the XX notifies the QuickBooks Database Server Manager year. If the Database Server Manager fails to open then you should follow these steps again.
Effective Steps to Update QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- First of all, you should Select the Help menu.
- Now, you should click on Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, you should click on Update Now>>Get Updates.
- Whenever the Updates accomplishes, you should close and then reopen QuickBooks.
- When you are asked, you are supposed to click on Yes to install the update.
- To conclude, after the successful installation, you are advised to restart your computer.
- To begin, you should open the QuickBooks menu.
- Now, you should click on Check for quickbooks for mac download updates
- Next, you should click on Install.
- Finally, after the completion of the installation, you are advised to relaunch QuickBooks.
In this blog, we have comprehensively explained every important aspect of QuickBooks Database Server Manager, including its download and installation. If you still encounter any issues then you can freely contact our QuickBooks Technical Support Team.
to install this program on your server computer to host your company file.
a. To begin, on your server computer, you are advised to close all the programs, even QuickBooks.
b. Next, you are supposed to open the QuickBooks installer file, setup quickbooks bank feeds.exe.
c. Next, you should follow the on-screen instructions to install QuickBooks.
d. Thereafter, you should click on Accept the License Agreement and then click Next when the agreement screen comes.
e. After effectively accepting the agreement, you are supposed to choose the installation type – Custom or Network Install and then click on Next after choosing. You are advised not to select Express install.
f. In the next step, for your network setup, you should choose the prominent option and then click Next. You should not worry about both steps: download the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Nevertheless, if your server computer already has the QuickBooks Download, it will not be overwriting existing company data.
i. You are advised to choose “I’ll be using QuickBooks Desktop on this computer”, AND I’ll be storing (We strongly recommend this option)”, to get QuickBooks Desktop and the Database Server manager on the server manager,
ii. You are advised to choose the “I will not be using QuickBooks Desktop” option if you only want the QuickBooks Database Server manager on the server computer.
g. Next, you are supposed to follow the other on-screen steps.
h. Thereafter, you should enter the QuickBooks License and Product number.
i. Finally, you should click on Install when you are all set. Windows might request permission from you.
Step 2: Accurately Configuring Firewall Settings for QuickBooks
QB users should note that the QuickBooks Desktop 2019 and above versions use dynamic ports. During the installation, they are the specific firewall ports that are assigned. It will confirm that the QuickBooks desktop programs completely use a given port.
Get Dynamic Ports
a. To begin, you should go to the Windows Start menu.
b. Now, you are supposed to compose QuickBooks Database Server manager in the Windows Search box and then open it.
c. Next, you should reach the Port Monitor tab.
d. Thereafter, you should find your QuickBooks version and then note down the Port Number. It is because you have to use this port number for your firewall port exceptions.
e. After accurately entering the port number, you should click on Next.
f. Next, you should click on Allow the Connection option and then Next.
g. Thereafter, you should confirm that all profiles are marked, and then click on Next.
h. Now, you have to create a rule and name it, like “QBPorts(year).”
i. Finally, you should click on Finish.
Functioning of QuickBooks Database Server Manager
For scanning the company files, we will be using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. After the successful completion of the scan, users will be able to access their company files from another computer, which is on their network. QuickBooks Database Server Manager will allow you and other users to work together with QuickBooks from different computers.
Step 1: Properly Scanning the Company File Folder
Before sharing the files, we are going to scan the company file folders.
- To begin, you should go to the Windows Start menu from your Server Computer (which hosts your company files).
- Now, you should search for the Database from the Search field and then open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Next, you should select the Scan Folders tab.
In these circumstances, you should restart the Database Server Manager on your server computer that has your company files. Now, you are supposed to follow the given to restart it for your current setup.
Effectively Restarting Your QuickBooks Database Server Manager
There are two situations for restarting the Database Manager, and they are: –
● Whenever you are installing QuickBooks Database Server Manager and the QuickBooks Desktop
● Whenever you installed Database Server Manager
Now, let us execute them accurately: –
Whenever you are Installing QuickBooks and Database Server Manager
- To begin, you should open your QuickBooks Desktop program on the server computer.
- Next, you should go to the File menu and then choose the Open or Restore Company option.
- Now, you should choose Open a Company file and then find your company file.
- Afterward, you should click Next.
- Thereafter, you should choose the checkbox of Open File in Multi-user Mode and then click on Open.
- Next, you are advised to sign into the company file.
- Now, you will reach the File and then click on Close Company/Log off.
- Subsequently, your company file will be closed on the server.
- Now, you should go to the Windows Start menu.
- Finally, you should use the Search box to search for the Database and then open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
If you are successful in resolving the error then you should perform the sharing. In case, if the error persists then you should follow the below-mentioned steps: –
If You Only Installed Database Server Manager
- To begin, you should go to Windows Start.
- Now, you should open the Control Panel.